Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Bordeline underactive thyroid and tatty thinning hair??help!?

hey



i got diagnosed with a borderline underactive thyroid, my mum and grandmother had this also, and was told meds were unnecessary until i have a retest in 6 months.. i guess the thyroid can heal itself?



meanwhile, i am taking kelp and silica because my hair is thinning at the back. i dyed it from red to black to blonde in a few months so i guess its a bit wrecked but at the moment it is frizzy course and dull looking. is there anything i can do? im kinda paranoid about it



thanks :)



Bordeline underactive thyroid and tatty thinning hair??help!?

Hairloss is usually a sign of low T3 levels in those that are hypothyroid. The kelp may or may not help, but one thing its going to do is throw of the next batch of blood tests and it may stop you from getting on thyroid meds once again. Being a little bit hypothyroid is like being a little bit pregnant. Changes are hapening in your body well before the TSH level goes over range. The longer the condition goes without treatment, the worse the problem. I am hypothyrod and my first test came out normal and my symptoms got worse. Eventually 9 months later I got diagnosed thankfully.



A TSH over 2.0 is causing damage within the body, but most doctors will not treat until its above 3.0. Then there are other doctors going by the outdated range of 5.5. When you retest, make sure its in the morning only, as an afternoon test is worthless. Think seriously about the kelp. I am on kelp, but slowly switching to iodine. However, I got my thyroid levels correct first on Armour thyroid before I added any iodine.

No comments:

Post a Comment