Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Fine thinning hair?

I have had a problem with thinning hair for almost a year now. I have always had fine thick hair up until a year ago when it started falling out more and then more and then more and now I would have to say I lost 50% of my hair volume. The greatest loss is after I shower but I also lose alot when I'm combing my hair. I don't just lose a little I lose alot, fill the toilet after every shower and this is really scaring me. Does anyone have any suggestions that might help slow this process or any kind of remedies or hair care products the might help. Has anyone ever heard of Nutri Ox or Nioxin? If so do either one of these products really work? Please if anyone has any ideas on what I can do to restore my thick hair and slow this thinning I would greatly appreciate your input.



Fine thinning hair?

This sounds very hormonal-related. If the loss is that severe, I would consider asking an md and they may do some hormone levels to screen for thyroid, and something called PCOS. Elevated levels of your "male" hormones can do this. So can some other conditions. Women who have recently had a baby will often do that a few months after delivery. The nioxin meds help some, but you need to make sure you find out the root of the problem. Even stress can do it.



Fine thinning hair?

First of all, have you been checked to see if your thyroid is functioning properly? That is one of the major signs of thyroid problems. Also, you didn't mention your age. If you are going through menopause it could just be hormone related. If you've recently had a baby it could be hormone related. There are natural things that help with hair growth but if the hair follicle itself is dead you will never get hair to grow from that follicle again. Go to Wal-Mart and get some Evening Primrose Oil and take it as instructed on the bottle. I would get the highest dosage available. Also, get Fish Oil capsules and take it when you take the Evening Primrose. You will see new hairs growing in a couple of months. It doesn't happen overnight. Give it a couple of months. You will see new hair if it's not your thyroid or hormone problems that is. Good luck. You can Google Evening Primrose and read about it's properties. Your skin will be pretty, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment